Actress Rhea Chakraborty who became arrested over drug-associated costs inside the Sushant Singh Rajput death case has been granted bail through the Bombay High Court, but, her brother Showik Chakraborty’s bail turned into rejected.
They have been arrested in September by using the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB).
The Bombay High Court has set 9 conditions for Rhea Chakraborty’s bail.
- Rhea needs to deposit passport
- Rhea needs to report every day for 10 days to Mumbai Police
- Furnish bail bond of ₹ 1 lakh
- Rhea cannot leave the country
- Rhea cannot meet with any other witness
- Rhea must inform the Investigating Officer if she is going out of Greater Mumbai, give itinerary advance
- Rhea needs to report on the first Monday of every month before investigating agency, for six months
- Rhea also needs to attend all dates in court unless prevented by any reasonable cause
- Rhea cannot be found tampering with evidence or investigation of the case
Justice Sarang V Kotwal, who passed the orders, said that that “(Rhea) is not part of the chain of drug dealers. She has not forwarded the drugs allegedly procured by her to somebody else to earn monetary or other benefits.”
Justice Kotwal disagreed with the argument put forward through the NCB announcing that the celebrities and different function models must be treated harshly so that it will set an instance for the young era and so that they do no longer get encouraged on committing comparable offenses.
The decision stated, “I do now not agree. Everybody is equal before the law.”
While rejecting the bail plea from Show, the courtroom noted that the applicant no longer most effective knew many drug dealers however turned into also in touch with a lot of them and changed into even transacting with them.
The court docket stated, “At this stage, the investigating company has sufficient cloth to show that he (Show) is a part of a chain of drug dealers engaged in illicit visitors of medication,”.
After the verdict from the Bombay High Court changed into handed, Rhea’s legal professional Satish Maneshinde said they are “hounding and witch hunt” against the actor who needs to stop.
The legal professional said, “Truth and Justice have prevailed and ultimately the submissions on information and regulation had been every day through Justice Sarang V Kotwal. The arrest and custody of Rhea had been unwarranted and beyond the reach of the law,”.